Thursday, June 07, 2007

Time to bring my baby out...






Well summer's here and it's time to take my baby from under wraps and get her ready for the open highway. Well, maybe not the open highway. Her days of zipping around at 85+MPH are long gone. But for zipping around the city or cruising on the open highway, she's still more than capable. She has 248,000 miles on her and still purrs like a kitten. It was somewhat of a difficult winter, however. She spent more than a little time covered in snow and ice when i removed the cover to replace a pretty bad rip.

I think that it was more than a month before the weather 'warmed' up enough for me to get the bottom layer of ice off so that I could replace the cover. You can see what kind of shape she was in below. Ouch! You can see how the snow and ice was in the pic below. The bad part is that the layer of "snow" on the car is actually a layer of ice. So it took me a little while to get the ice off without damaging the body even after the temperature rose a bit. But for the most part, she came out of it unscathed. This wasn't the ideal snow story for her...

...that would be the picture below. Doesn't it look like she's just having a good time? Now, the reason I refer to the car as "she" and "her" is because this was one of the models that has the female voice which tells you of critical conditions like low fuel level, open doors, lights left on and keys left in the ignition to name a few. So I've always referred to her as "her". And she'll be 22 years old in September!




So next week I'll be taking her to get the exterior done and after that, I-95 here I come!







No comments:

Blog Archive